Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Pies

I am grateful that everything came together beautifully for our Thanksgiving day meal. I think what saved me was I took care of little tasks over a few days time instead of trying to do it all at once frantically on the Thursday. And I simply asked for help from my kids when I needed it.
 The pies are a Pecan and an Apple Caramel. I also made a batch of Celebration Cookies and Brownies with Toasted Coconut and Chocolate Chips.
Then last minute I decided to whip up a meat stuffing to go with the bread stuffing because I had some ground beef in my fridge. I sautéed the Ground Beef with finely chopped onions, celery, diced fresh garlic and tarragon. I don't normally like a meat stuffing but making it unexpectedly and with a creative flair it turned out really yummy.
And it was such a gift to spend the day with all three of my children.
 

No comments: